1/28/2014

We need to take a look at the Delaware County Small Claims Court

Good Afternoon Members,

I went to court last Wednesday for a rent & damage hearing. I learned something and I know Tammy Parker who was called up before was shocked about also. How many of you have your Investment Properties in an LLC? Most landlords that have more than 4 rentals or less, LLC there business to protect their personal property. Did you know that it doesn't matter how much rent the tenant owes or how much damage they do, $1500 is the limit you will get. This really upset me. I made a few calls. Asked some questions and I have an appointment to go to the Circuit Court Office to ask more questions. What I am being told is the amount of time it takes this office to get paperwork out is why we have to wait so long to get into court or into the little room at the end of the hall.. Do you have questions you would like for me to ask? Email them to me. With everything I'm being told there is the $1500 maximum. I have also pulled a copy of the 2011 Small Claims Court Laws from the Internet. I went back into my files and pulled another set that I have from several years ago. It says the same thing but I was not an LLC then. We need to get this changed. Does anyone know how to do this or who to talk to? This is going to be the discussion we will be having at our Feb. 20th meeting.

Come on. I know that either you or someone you know is upset by this. Let's do something about it if we can.

      
Debby Gilpin, Broker/Owner 
G&G Realty, LLC 3205 S. Broadway   Yorktown, IN  47396 765-759-9506   Cell - 765-760-0212

No comments:

Post a Comment