6/07/2013

Flood Zone Information

I sent out an email today that I had gotten from Ruth Grossman. She has a tenat that wats to use the basement as living space & she wants to know if there are any rules against this. I do not know so I sent it out to you Members. I got this back from Mark Dunn, Vice Pres RPA:

IC 32-31-1-21
Disclosure of structure in flood plain
     Sec. 21. (a) This section applies to rental agreements entered into or renewed after June 30, 2009, for residential, agricultural, and commercial property.
    (b) If the lowest floor of a structure, including a basement, that is the subject of a rental agreement is at or below the one hundred (100) year frequency flood elevation, as determined by:
        (1) the department of natural resources;
        (2) the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Flood Insurance Rate Maps; or
        (3) FEMA approved local flood plain maps;
the landlord shall clearly disclose in a landlord-tenant rental agreement that the structure is located in a flood plain.
As added by P.L.27-2009, SEC.1.

After reading this I believe I will contact all of my owners or check with Beacon and make sure all the properties I manage are not in a flood zone but I will also add this question to my Management contract. Does anyone have information about this? If you do please email me - agent736@usa.net  Debby


No comments:

Post a Comment